Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Induction and Labor Cookies

Anticipating my 41 week appointment today and the dreaded word induction coming up, I did a little online research on kick starting labor from home (yes I have read your very helpful comments and what Spencer and I can do to get things going). I found what is actually an awesome recipe for what is like a ginger snap but has cayenne pepper in it so it leaves you with little heat in our mouth. They are called Jump Start Your Labor Cookies and they are Spencer's new favorites. I imagine one of the reasons they help is you end up drinking a lot of water.

I have mixed feelings about my appointment today. I am 5cm and 100% effaced, with baby at -1 (though I totally feel like she has dropped more than that). While she checked me she also stripped my membranes; which was a bit uncomfortable.

My doctor is totally induction happy and wanted to schedule an induction by the end of the week. but we agreed that if everything is fine, then we can wait until 42 weeks. I have to go in Friday for a Non-Stress Test and an Ultrasound (to check the amniotic fluid levels and make sure baby still has a happy healthy home) and assuming those go well, I will have a few more days for labor to kick in naturally. We went ahead and scheduled an induction for 10/7 (which will be week 42). I have mixed feelings about this, but it is more likely that we will have the baby before then....so I am going to try and focus on that.

No comments: