Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurry Up and Wait

No baby yet...no sign of pending baby except my growing belly.

Did a bunch of canning yesterday...if anyone is interested in pickles, we have a lifetime supply of pickles. Also canned some tomato sauce, salsa, and beets (beets were from the farmers market, not our garden).

Our oven broke Wednesday night, and I am stuck here at home waiting for the repairman who will come sometime between 8am and 5pm (kinda ridiculous window). I got up with Spencer at 7:30am (haven't been up that early in a long time (like 2 1/2 weeks since I went on maternity leave). I camped out on the couch for a few hours napping and am now ready to take on the day!

I have a belly cast I think I will start painting, and some other projects...I seem to have no problem keeping busy.

2 comments:

CheriBerry said...

Hooray! Love the blog, and the belly shot. I wish I lived close enough to take some of those pickles off your hands. I've been eating beets like crazy ever since you shared some with me on my last trip out there. I dunno...cleaning, canning...sounds like nesting to me. I can't wait for the next post!

Anonymous said...

Yes, those repair time windows are absolutely ridiculous, hope you've gotten it fixed now. Hmmm, I like pickles, and I'm not even a pregnancy cliché, because I liked them before, too. ;)

We have tons of squash from our garden, maybe we could make a trade...