Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Update on canning and baking


This weekend Malia, Farkas, Spencer and I made a batch of salsa to can; the boys made some habanero jelly, and fatalii pepper jelly (Adam supervised); and Malia and I baked 6 loaves of zucchini bread, 2 batches of zucchini muffins, and froze over 2 dozen zucchini chocolate chip granola cookies. The zucchini came out of Malia and Farkas' garden- they were monstrous! We also bbq'd some and they left us with a quarter of one in our fridge, which if I had time I would make Zucchini Parmesean, but I would rather make cookies. I have been on this cookie kick, just making the dough, freezing it in small balls, and portioning them out a dozen to a freezer bag so they are ready to bake (so Spencer can hook us up). I bought some Halloween m&ms yesterday and hopefully I will have time to make some m&m chocolate chip cookies!

No comments: