Monday, September 29, 2008

Great Weekend!

Spencer and I (and baby in the belly) had a great weekend. We did so much!

We spent some time in the baby's room Friday night finishing up a few things and it is pretty much ready for her. There are just a few things I want to hang up on the wall.

Milton made it to his grooming appointment- poor kitty had to hang out there for 4 hours and came home with his bottom and hind legs wet (I told them it was okay to not push drying him completely because he seems to not like it). Milton must have gone to his happy place because he was like a little zombie on the ride home and when we got home walked out of his carrier looking a little shell shocked. We probably won't do this again...if anyone knows a groomer that only services cats in the area, or a mobile groomer that isn't too expensive- or a pro at clipping nails, let us know. We are torturing Milton because we want him to have short nails for the first few months of baby.

Spencer and I went to the new Sunnyvale Heritage Park on Saturday- they just happened to be having their grand opening of their new museum in the new replica of the Murphy House. We did the self guided tour, Spencer got some history books on Sunnyvale and the Murphy family in the book shop, and we bought two tickets to the Victorian Tea they are hosting at Christmas which should be fun (maybe first outing without baby).

We did a bunch of gardening and work in the back yard yesterday... this was the 3rd time that I thought this is my last time working in the garden for a long time (we do a harvest of the garden every weekend). I brought my exercise ball outside and sat on it and picked and pruned- Spencer has some photos of me loading up the yard waste can that I am sure are not flattering, but we may post later.

We thought this weekend would be it....but no baby. We have our 41 week appointment tomorrow and they will likely want to schedule an induction, but I would like to put that off until necessary, and not even schedule it until our week 42 appointment. I think baby might be holding out for October....Spencer totally regrets that he was thinking it would be October 1st, all weekend he was talking to the belly trying to convince baby to come out (super sweet!). Whenever is fine with me, I just want baby to come out on her own terms (and I don't wnat to be rushed).

Canning update: Spencer and I made salsa last night and I am going to make relish today out of our lemon cucumbers :-)

4 comments:

CheriBerry said...

Any baby yet???

CheriBerry said...

How 'bout now?

CheriBerry said...

Now?

;)

Just kidding, I'm sure you're more impatient than I am. Hang in there, it will happen very soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ambrosia -
If you're still looking for a good grooming place for your cat - I take my cat to Sunnyvale Vet Clinic on El Camino. They do a good job on clipping his nails, and showed me exactly how to do it. Costs $14, I think. Not sure about other grooming costs/services.
--Kelly