Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ambrosia is in labor!!!

Apparently Ambrosia has been in a state of mental shock this evening, and it only fleetingly occurred to her that others might like to know the labor cookies (and other efforts) paid off: she's been having contractions for several hours! She called me just at midnight with the passwords to her email and blog so I could update everyone. Our conversation was a mere 4 minutes, with a strong contraction at the beginning and end: A Little Studley is definitely about to arrive!

"But I just saw her at dinner, she seemed fine!" Some of you are thinking. It is true: she had dinner with friends tonight, despite contractions. Ambrosia is highly skilled in the art of maintaining composure, and would never interrupt a quality social gathering for something as trivial as birthing her first child. 

Oh, I kid! She really did go out to dinner and stay mum about her contractions, but things are progressing just the way Ambrosia and Spencer hoped they would--she wanted a relaxed early labor at home and apparently that was accomplished. They headed for the hospital right at midnight, making my niece's birthday guaranteed: 

October 1, 2008!

I am so excited to meet my new niece. Many of you will meet her first, please give her lots of kisses for me!

Much love to my wonderful sister and awesome brother-in-law, I anxiously await pictures!!!

Auntie Angelique
(guest contributor)

2 comments:

thermalia said...

Yay! I can't wait to meet her! Good luck Ambrosia, you can do it! Hugs!

CheriBerry said...

Hooray!!! And how appropriate...on Oct 1st...World Vegetarian Day.

Ambrosia and Spencer, I hope you are enjoying this most magical and fundamentally human experience. I am so excited to see you be "born as parents." Your daughter has defintely won the parent lottery.