Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Making Progress



No Baby yet, but she is literally just around the corner. I had my 40 week appointment today (my due date is tomorrow) and I am dilated 4 centimeters, 50% effaced, and her little head is at -1 station. See diagrams for some idea of what this all means. I made an appointment for next week, but my doctor thinks we will likely have a baby before then (like in the next few days), and we shouldn't have to induce (which is great because I really didn't want to). I am really excited that my body is kicking in and doing what it needs to do to get the baby out in a natural, but timely manner. My goal is for a natural birth, doing the early labor at home and heading in to the hospital for active labor and of course birthing the baby.

Spencer took the day off so after our appointment we went out to lunch at Whole Foods (I really wanted what I considered a little bit of everything for lunch). And after chilling on the couch for a bit watching the View from the Bay and Suze Orman on Oprah, I think we are going to start cleaning the house :-)

1 comment:

Angelique said...

Awesome!!! I am so glad things are moving along, and I'm so excited!