Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Belly Cast

I finally finished painting my belly cast. Spencer is going to drill some holes in the sides so I can hang it up in the baby's room, but before that he is also going to paint a coat of shellac on it.

It was a lot of fun to capture my belly (37 weeks) and this will be a really special souvenir, though not as special as the baby inside :-) Once she is born, I plan on capturing her hand prints and footprints on the inside of the belly cast.

This belly cast was a kit I got at Lullaby Lane in San Mateo, but it can also be purchased online - this would be a great baby shower gift.

4 comments:

Angelique said...

Wow, it's very beautiful! Well done.

Unknown said...

very impressive! the cast and the artistry!! i liked how you painted petals on the belly. the imagery is wonderful, as are your color choices.

Anonymous said...

It's sooo beautiful just like you and your baby! I love how crafty you are and admire how much you can get done while being pregnant. You are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good artist-- it's lovely.