Friday, January 2, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel

Rumor is I may be going home next Thursday. Spencer and I still have a lot of unanswered questions about what this will look like, what supplies we will need, where we will get them, how they will get to the house, who will pay for them, etc. We are trying not to drown in the details but want to make sure we have everything we need for this transition.

It has been really nice to have visitors, and I want to extend an invitation to anyone who's schedule permits a drive to San Leandro to come for one. This isn't the most exciting place ever, but I have noticed that too much down time for me is a bad thing, and socializing keeps my spirits up. I have various things to keep me busy, in addition to my therapy, but Sundays there is no therapy which makes for a long day. Just give me a call ahead of time so I can make sure I am presentable :-)

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Angelique said...

I am really excited about my upcoming visit. Your positive attitude is really inspiring, and I believe with your strong will we will definitely find ways to make your transition home a success!!!

See you Monday morning!

Donna said...

Hi! I'm so glad to read that you're going home soon! Karen mentioned your accident and pointed me at your blog so I came over to take a peek and see how you're doing. Hope you don't mind the intrusion!

I'm mom to a little girl named Gwen too! It's such an uncommon name these days so it's quite unusual to come across someone else in the blogging community who also chose that name.

I know she must miss her mommy terribly! I hope you make a full recovery and enjoy the rest of 2009 in perfect health!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!