Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Getting ready to roll

They are letting me out for good behavior on Thursday! I can transfer myself from the bed to my walker and then to my wheel chair, which means I don't need to be here anymore! They would send me home sooner, but they give patients 2 days to get ready for coming home. Spencer and his Dad built a ramp so I can get in and out of the house safely, and him and some friends are rearranging our furniture this evening so I have the space to hop around with my walker and wheel about the living room and kitchen. The biggest news of all, I took a shower today! It was such a relief to sit there with running water. The shower was out of hot water, but the lukewarm water running over me as I sat on my shower chair was so refreshing it brought tears to my eyes. Tomorrow I am going to work on getting in and out of the car so I will be ready for the ride hoe Thursday morning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

pDear Ambrosia, I love you,thank god you will be with your beatiful baby girlsoon. Iwould like to Thank Spencer and his Father for building the ramp and also your Mother in law for helping so much with the baby Gwen. We love you all. Let us know when your up for a visit . LOVE Aunty Sarah&Family

Unknown said...

Hi Ambrosia! I hope by the time you're reading this you're back in your own home with Spencer and Baby Gwen. Just wanted to wish you a welcome home and wishes from us for a speedy recovery.
Love,
fiona n phil

Ricky Paredes said...

Sweet ramp! Hope you're doing better A.C.! Give Lil'Baby G a kiss for me.
Cheers,
Ricky

Anonymous said...

Karen told us of your accident and so I'd like to wish you well in your recovery!
Trish
(chinese-adoption.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Ambrosia, I am glad the ramp helped and I hope the cookies did too. Love you Pam