Friday, January 9, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I got home Thursday 1/8 and boy is it sweet to be home! I didn't realize how small and drab my world had become over the past 2.5 weeks. Outside the hospital life is going on- people are doing things, and there is color. My house seems so vibrant, with its red couch and shiny hardwood floors, green plants, and holiday decorations. The ramp into the house works great, and the living room and kitchen are totally accessible with the wheelchair. The bedrooms are a bit difficult, but with my walker I can hop all around the house. The bathroom is a bit tight, but works. It is so nice to be with Gwen and Spencer (and my sister Angelique who is staying with us for 2 weeks). Being home is great, but comes with its own frustrations. It is heartbreaking to hear Gwen cry, and not be able to go to her; though I am so happy to be able to nurse her, and my supply seems to be keeping up with her demand. I feel bad not being able to help out around the house. I suppose I should enjoy this time and the opportunity to be leisurely as I lie on the couch, but I would really rather be helping out. It is really hard to accept that you don't have control of things in your own home. I am trying to relax and let go, and focus on healing, loving my family, and enjoying all our great friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ambrosia,

Rachel and I are very glad that you're back home with Gwen and Spencer!

-Dallas