Monday, June 1, 2009

2/3 Gwen and the Zoo!

Gwen is 2/3 of a year old today! We celebrated with a lazy day at home, playing in the garden and a walk downtown. Yesterday we went to the SF Zoo with some of our friends who have babies too and her Gram and Auntie B. It had been almost 10 yrs since Spencer and I had been there last and we were really pleased to see the work that has been done to improve the Zoo. Gwen was so excited to see all her friends and family and to be out and about, but I think it took her a while to catch on that we weren't just out for a walk. We took a ride on the Little Puffer miniature steam train, which she loved, and we went to the Family Farm (i.e. petting Zoo) which she got an absolute kick out of. My favorite part was the baby giraffes :-)
And a little update on my leg: I was able to walk all around the Zoo no problem and was just normal sore today (as opposed to my knee killing me sore)
























































5 comments:

BathTub said...

Damn Spencer you beard looks sexier than mine! Gwen looks like she is having a great time.

Keri said...

Looks like a happy family day at the zoo. Glad you were able to walk with out getting to sore or hurty.

epoophoron said...

Great post! So glad to hear you are up and about. I love the pic with Gwen's head and Spencer's beard.

Unknown said...

I love you all and miss you all.Looks like Gwen had a great time with Dad.Ambrosia here is my new E-mail address please could you send it to all our family your better at that kind of stuff then me rawsarf@gmail.com . Then e-mail so i know you got it . I'm 14 weeks now doing all good.With all my Love Aunty Sarah

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.