Sunday, June 14, 2009

Busy Bees

Gwen and I have been keeping busy!
~We went to a quarterly birthday party with our playgroup which was a lot of fun. Spencer got to see Gwen interact with the other babies which was fun.
~I had a moment of insanity and took Gwen to the movies to see Up at the monthly Diaper Days at the Camera 7 theater in Campbell. Let's just say this outing did not go as planned. Gwen did not sit in my lap nursing sweetly and then fall asleep. She screamed so loud that when I left the theater 5 minutes into the movie I heard someone say, "Don't worry honey, the baby is leaving." We walked around until she did fall asleep and I went back into the theater after missing the first 30 minutes or so. Not sure if I will try this again.
~We went to Sacramento to visit our friends Michael and Hosanna and their 2 babies (the smallest of which is a month older than Gwen). It was s much fun to watch Gwen interact with a baby her own size and age- most babies are her same size but twice as old, or her age but half as small. When we were there Gwen mastered the art of eating (maybe she was showing off, or just loving sitting at the table with everyone) and she started clapping her hands :-)
~We had to lower Gwen's crib to the lowest setting because she can pull herself up. She tries to pull up on everything which often ends up with her falling and hitting her noggin- but she is becoming much more graceful in her falling.
~I continue to nap with Gwen because I am tired! And even if I don't sleep I love watching her sleep. Or reading. I just started and finished Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris.
~And we went to Notre Dame de Namur where I started a Masters Program in Public Administration, but then got pregnant, had a baby, then got in a car accident. Gwen was uncharacteristically fussy during my advising meeting. But I got reinstated into the program and am registered for a class in the Fall...did I mention I am crazy! I have an Accounting prerequisit that I still need to take and am going to try and take it this summer....that's right certifiably insane.


1 comment:

Keri said...

Insane? No. Ambitious? Oh god yes! But that's why we all love you so much.