Friday, May 29, 2009

OMGoodness! Catchin' up with Gwen

Gwen is just out of control! She is soooo big and growing and developing soooo fast. She is flat out crawling now and into everything. She is obsessed with Milton who is being surprising tolerant of her. It was only last week that I was doing dishes while she played at my feet when my Mommy radar turned on. I turned around and she was gone. The garage door was open, and I couldn't see her or hear her. I went to find her and there she was in front of the TV in the living room holding on to Milton's tail while he patiently sat there. WOW!
Yesterday I bought a gate for the garage door- we have to keep it open since Milton's litter box and now food is in the garage. I also bought a bunch of other baby proofing devices that will hopefully help keep her out of trouble.
Last week Gwen was playing in her playpen in the living room while Spencer and I were watching TV when we both sawher reach up. She grabbed the rail with both hands and 1, 2, 3 pulled herself up to a standing position. She now tries to pull up on everything including some disasterous attempts with paper bags. It took us until last night to realize we needed to lower her crib matress. It is on the lowest setting now.
We started finger food last week and Gwen has truly mastered the pincer grasp. She is mainly eating dehydrated banana and apple pieces, pices of over cooked carrots, and some millet cereal soaked in breast milk. She hada puff at our music playdate today which made me nervous, but the other Mom assured me they melt in your mouth. I know they do, but there is usually corn and/or wheat in them and I am hesitant to introduce those two items too early.

3 comments:

Keri said...

I love the stripey baby leg warmers so cute! Thanks for the update can't wait to see you two again soon.

The Plucky Protagonist said...

Oh my gosh! She's so adorable! HER LEGWARMERS ARE OUT OF CONTROL! You can ask my coworker, I squealed quite loudly!
<3

Doris Gao Keller said...

Sounds like little Gwen is ready for big adventures already! It's so wonderful that Milton is tolerant of her. I only hope that Rolo will be as good with Rachel...