Friday, June 26, 2009

Ambrosia gets das Boot

I have had some heel pain since going to Pier 39 with Gwen and her Auntie B about 2 weeks ago. We had a lovely time going out to lunch; we rode the carousel, saw the sea lions (there were a bunch of baby sea lions and one was nursing :-) see for yourself on the webcam). Anyhoo, I wore Gwen in the Ergo Baby Carrier most of the time (which means 20 some odd pounds of extra weight on my foot) and went up and down a bunch of stairs (the one thing that is still a challenge for me). Not only that, I then went to visit my old HOBA peeps in their new office (up and then down a flight of stairs). Then last Friday I did a bunch of yard work, and then Monday and Tuesday I went to a conference where I did a bunch of walking....and if you've read previous posts you know I have been taking advantage of my mobility after being off my feet for the first 3 months of the year. Well, I over did it and the Achilles Tendonon my left foot is very upset with me. I offically have Achilles Tendinitis and have to wear a boot for at least 2 weeks, take an anti-inflamatory, and rest. This is really upsetting to me becuase I have been feeling so good...so good I overdid it. I have even recently said to people that I feel so good it is like the car accident never happened. This flare up is a reminder that it did, and that I need to pace myself or my body will push back a little and force me to take it easy.

2 comments:

Angelique Mattin Russell said...

I'm sorry Brosia, that sucks!

I know you enjoy yoga, have you been doing any lately? It's a great thing to do to build strength without risking a repetitive strain injury. One of the studios by my self has a nurse instructor who does private sessions with people who have had a recent injury, maybe there is something like that local to you.

Keri said...

get better soon!