Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Whirled Peas


Gwen tried peas for the first time and isn't a big fan....yet. I used her baby food mill and this is the chunkiest food she has had so far, and let's face it, peas have a pretty distinct taste- certainly compared to banana and rice cereal. I have about a 1/4 of a cup made up, so we will be trying peas for a few more days before moving on. Also, over Easter weekend Gwen sprouted her second bottom tooth!

She has also started the beginning of crawling....good thing Mama is more mobile! On that note I get the rod taken out of my collar bone this Friday. I will have a 3 day recovery (or so) and am trying to prepare by cleaning the house and making up a pot of chili and some lentil soup to put in the freezer.....ambitious I know. I am so looking forward to having this rod out and moving on with life!

6 comments:

Angelique Mattin Russell said...

Traci says you are supposed to start with yellows. Good luck!

Keri said...

Good luck with the rod tomorrow!! I think you will feel much better having it out.

It is very clear that she does not like peas just yet. But really, who does? I don't blame her.

It's great to see her begin to crawl. I bet she would have gone further if there hadn't been something within reach to chew on.

Karen said...

Poor thing!
Have you considered mashed sweet potatoes, or mashed potatoes? Also, you can try diluted rice cereal with some "goodies" swirled in. Hope all is well.

Keri said...

Did you realize the play on words in your blog title? World Peace, and Gwen doesn't like it. That's kinda funny. Maybe I'm the only one laughing.

lil purl aka Beth said...

Hey Ambrosia and Spencer!

It was great seeing you guys the other night. Thanks for letting me win! =) That video of Gwen is priceless!! Hopefully that won't last long. Gwen is such a strong baby. I imagine she'll be running around in no time!

Beth

Unknown said...

That video is great! I am crying with laughter (...it's okay Gwen, I am not a fan of peas either!)