Monday, April 20, 2009

Sweet Relief!

I had surgery last Friday to have the rod removed from my collar bone and it went really well! I felt better than I did before the surgery (and it wasn't the pain meds- I hardly had any). The surgery was only about 30 minutes so I wasn't under anesthesia for very long and when I came out of it instead of scared and panicky like the first time, I felt a rush of relief. I started crying and had to tell my nurse that I was okay, that I was not in pain, I just was so happy to have the rod out. I am still breastfeeding, and so I had to pump and dump for 24 hours. Gwen had a hard time not nursing, and it was really sweet because we realized that she didn't just want milk, she wanted to cuddle with Mama and have her milk (I thought I was just the boob to her).

2 comments:

kathryn said...

I thought of you several times during the weekend (hope that counts!). I'm glad it all went well. That's a sweet photo of Gwen, especially the larger version.

The Plucky Protagonist said...

Ambrosia!! Congratulations to you and the fam! I bet you feel so much better, I am so happy for you! I know that rod was a bane to your existence, but you handled it with such grace and patience!
WAHOO!
<3 Katie