Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hmmmm, Rice Cereal

Gwen is 6 months today! She had her first bite of 'solid' food- baby rice cereal mixed with breastmilk (1 tablespoon rice mixed with 3 tablespoons of breastmilk). It mixed up to a lumpy milky gruel...honestly it reminded me of spit up, especially since it smelled like milk. She only ate about half of it until she lost interest completely. Though, the spoon was a hit. Gwen actually has a tooth coming in (bottom center right) and she enjoyed chewing on the spoon (and nursing on it). I think 'real' food will be a lot more fun, we will try either avocado or banana this weekend :-)


3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Happy half-year birthday to Gwen!

A piece of unsolicited advice: go slow on introducing new foods. Try one new food at a time for 3-4 days before introducing another. This is the best way to catch possible allergic reactions or intolerances. It can also bewilder a little gourmand's palate to have too much variation early on, and their tummies are still developing the ability to digest substantive foods.

I'm totally mobile now, so I hope we can stop by next week for a visit. Does that sound good?

Angelique Mattin Russell said...

HAPPY HALF-BIRTHDAY GWEN!!!

Angelique Mattin Russell said...

1) Dad and I just sent Gwen a half-birthday present. It's a big milestone! I forgot to include a card so I wanted to explain the package in advance...

2) As much as I wanted to hold on to hope that Gwen resembles her Mommy, Gwen is clearly Spencer in miniature. Spencer's eyes, Spencer's smile, and big fat Studley cheeks!

3) I look forward to seeing you all soon!