Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter Bunny

I often call Gwen my little Honey Bunny, Bunny Bear, Bunny Poo, etc; so it seemed really natural to stick a pair of bunny ears on her and let her play with some Easter Eggs. To my surprise she did not mind wearing the ears and she of course loved exploring the plastic eggs. For Easter we visited her Studley family and spent Easter morning with some of the extended family we met at Thanksgiving. Gwen has a 3rd cousin just a couple months older that she met which was fun. And I am so mobile with my cane that I joined the tail end of the Easter Egg hunt and actually found one egg :-)

Traveling with our bunny
Last night we stayed at Grandma's house for the first time since Thanksgiving. Since then Gwen has outgrown the bassinet feature of her pak n'play and we tried to get her to sleep in the bottom of it (what is basically a playpen). She was having nothing of it and ended up sleeping with us in the full size bed. Spencer and I were perched on either side of the bed while she lay stretched out in the middle....needless to say we didn't sleep well. We realize now that traveling with an older more interested inthe world (i.e distractable) Gwen, naps are a bit more challenging. I am posting this entry from the car in front of Grandma's since Gwen fell asleep in the car on the ride back from our Easter Egg hunt. She fussed and cried for the 35 minutes of the 40 minute drive before finally falling asleep. She has been napping in her carseat for an hour now, and still going strong- what we will do for sleep!


4 comments:

Angelique Mattin Russell said...

Oooh I was hoping I'd be able to see Gwen all dolled (bunnied?) up for Easter. Yay!

Happy Easter!

Kathryn said...

Ah yes, what parents will do for the sake of sleep (theirs and their kids). I had no idea before I had my child that sleep, food, and poop would be my three top priorities in life.

Keri said...

So glad to hear that you all are out and visiting with friends and family. It sounds like you had the best 1st Easter possible and congrats on your egg find.

Once again, you have the cutest baby ever. I love her.

CheriBerry said...

So happy you had a wonderful Easter. Take heart, the lack of sleep aspect of your life will very soon be over! Gwen is such a darling, Moriah and I lament not having her around nearly daily.