Tuesday, September 29, 2009

12 Months!

Gwen had her 12 month well baby visit yesterday and she has an ear infection. I hoped we could go the first year without one (almost made it!). She had a cold that turned into an infection in her left ear and now she needs to take an antibiotic (for the 1st time). Other than that she is developing right on target. She doesn't weigh as much as we thought she would, 22lbs 2 oz (which is the 70th percentile), but she has really grown in height: 2ft 7.5 in which is the 99th percentile!!! She is turning into a string bean! Oh, and her noggin is in the 87th percentile, so she may end up having Spencer's big head. She has been extra fussy, but also extra cuddly since she isn't feeling well. Her and I slept together last night (she has been up every 2 hours the last 2 nights). She was so sweet- at one point while we were lying down she curled up in the fetal position with her head in my lap and her bum up near my chest and I was reminded of when she was in my belly just last year. I lay there rubbing her bum just as I would when I was pregnant with her and it was a really special moment. She seems to already be feeling better so I think she should be fine for her birthday :-)

3 comments:

Angelique Mattin Russell said...

I caught that same cold and I am still getting over it too! I hope she is all better in time for her party.

Happy First Birthday Gwen!

Keri said...

Hoppy Birdie deer Gwen, hoppy birdie 2 ewe. I hope she heals quickly! How's your cough Ambrosia?

Amber Balshaw said...

I want Party photos!!!