Saturday, October 10, 2009

Celebrating One!

We had an amazing birthday party last Sunday for Gwen. Thanks to all our family and friends that were able to join us. Gwen had a great time (I know because she took a 3 hour nap afterwards!). I made her a 'smash' cake, but she was satisfied eating her cake with a fork (now that she is a big girl she wants to feed herself). I am super proud of the cake (vegan no sugar added carrot cake with a cream cheese frosting). Her Uncle Arin made a video of Gwen's 1st year- more of a photo montage including our car accident and photos of Gwen and her Great Grandfather Jim who passed away so it is a real tear jerker. As soon as he posts it on youtube we will post the link. Thanks again for joining us celebrating Gwen!














4 comments:

BathTub said...

Haha very cute. Congrats.

Wait a Vegan cake with cream cheese frosting? How does that work? :P

daffodil_duck said...

I NEED that cake recipe!! For real - email me? xoxo Rae

Unknown said...

Malia gave me a bite of the cake (no cream cheese) and it was so good! Horray for vegan goodies!

Keri said...

She was just way too cute as we all sang and she ate her carrot cake. I just simply love her to pieces.