Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Prolific Figs and Whatnot

This September has been so productive and by that I mean crazy busy! I am officially back to school part time working on my Masters in Public Administration at NDNU. I have a Thursday night class- Human Resources Management which is surprising very interesting, and Tuesdays are my homework night were I escape to Red Rock in Mountain View (I like them because they are a non-profit coffee shop). It has been so nice to rejoin the realm of intellectual conversation.

Gwen and I started GymKids this month which is a lot of fun! It is basically a padded room with baby obstacle courses, providing a safe environment for bay to explore and try things you normally would be freaked out about. Gwen walked across this horizontal ladder holding my hand which was amazing- oh, did I mention Gwen started walking!!!!!! She has been taking a few steps since she was about 10.5 months, but she up and walked across the room on my birthday (Monday 9/7). Hopefully I will get it together to post some walking baby zombie video soon.

We ALSO started our second session of Music Together which looks to be a good group of Mom’s and babies and I love the teacher- I am still warming up to the new music. AND Gwen has been doing Parent/Tot swim with Spencer on Saturdays this month which his super cute.

Needless to say we have been busy!


Regarding the Figs- our friends Amanda and Nelson have been sharing with us their very plentiful harvest of Mission figs and what I am going to call California figs (pictured). Gwen loves figs! That is what is squished on the floor in the picture below. I made a ton of fig jam which I must say is pretty good- if anyone is interested we have a lot of it!









2 comments:

Keri said...

I LOVE IT ALL!!! Those pictures are so great! you can really see her personality in them. She's so curious and from what I've experienced pretty much excited about whatever is happening at the time. I love the picture of her in the sunglasses. It made me think of that song...My future's so bright I gotta wear shades! I also love the one of her standing up in the jeep, she looks like she's trying to drive it. What a happy family you all are. I'm so proud of you guys for doing so much for yourselves and with Gwen. Inspireing!
ps. Did you mean to say Gwen's been taking steps since 10.5 weeks?

القمر السعودى said...

شركة مكافحة الحمام بالدمام

شركات تنظيف خزانات المياه بالقطيف

شركة تنظيف شقق بالقطيف