Monday, May 11, 2009

First Mother's Day

I had a fabulous first Mother's Day. We went out to a very nice brunch with Spencer's Mom and sister and boyfriend. I got all kinds of goodies, cards and flowers from Spencer's Mom, Spencer's Step Mom, my Mom, and my Step Mom. I get now that I am now part of an unofficial Mom's club and am so honored to have these veteran Mama's welcome and celebrate with me. On the way home from our visit in Santa Rosa Spencer, Gwen and I stopped for a quick snack in the Corte Madera area. There was a park nearby and since Gwen was awake up from her nap in the car we had an impromptu picnic and it was sooooo lovely. I want to do this on Mother's Day every year :-) There were little mini daisies growing in the grass and I couldn't help myself- we got about a million pictures of her and a few videos including this short one. I stop the video fairly abruptly because as you can see she put a flower in her mouth....well I wasn't able to get it out. She swallowed it. We figure she was be ready for finger foods now.

1 comment:

to sing and to dance said...

It's the Secret Society of the Perpetual Giver. Somehow we all know the secret codes. Once you've become one of us, you will know the secrets to the riches of life. :-)