Friday, May 8, 2009

Mommy and Me

Gwen and I had a great week! We did a lot with our playgroup. We went to two different parks, I went to a Mom's night "In" at one of the Mama's house's which was very nice, we got Mommy and Me photos done in Willow Glen, and had our usual fun around the house and in the backyard. I had never spent much time in Willow Glen and was pleased with how baby friendly it was. We got our photos done at Baby Buzz which is a really cute baby boutique- I get to see the photos online next week- it was a free sitting and apparently I get a free 5x7. Gwen was amazing, I just hope I look ok! I was going to grab a coffee at Starbucks, but then saw Monsieur Beans a nice little coffee shop where they roast their own beans- AND there was a changing table in the bathroom! There was a tiny little sitting area in back which I think is usually a smoking area, but no one was out there so I breastfed her back there in peace and quiet (which I think the patrons of the coffee shop appreciated because Iwas fully prepared to feed her in the cafe wearing my discrete Hooter Hider of course). There was also a children's bookstore Hicklebee's that was really neat and I bought Gwen a pig book and a train book. Gwen fell asleep in her stroller so I walked up and down the strip. It was really nice and she was soooo good, I think we will go out once a month. Maybe Los Gatos next.

3 comments:

amber said...

so are we allowed to call her
The studmuffin- I thought kind of cute

Glad to hear you are doing well and out and about

Keri said...

Sounds like a fabulous adventure! I'm so proud of how fast you have recovered. You're up and walking way before Gwen. Let me know if you do go to Los Gatos and maybe (if you want) I could meet you there. Big Hugs,
Keri

Tracy said...

Did you see the Tree House when you were in Willow Glen? It is a toy store full of amazing toys - many wooden and most which promote creative play. I love the store (albiet a bit pricey!!).