Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ambrosia Update and some photos of Gwen

I had a follow up appointment with my orthopedic surgeon yesterday and he commented that my bones are healing really well. The time line is still the same: rod out of clavicle the 3rd week of March, and standing on both legs 3rd week of March (can't wait!). My knee feels so much better, almost like its new self ;-)
Unfortunately I am still forbidden to put weight on my left leg, which means no walking (I must continue to hop about with my walker, or roll with my wheelchair). Moriah is staying with us this week and next week (our friend Cheri's niece who is awesome!). But we don't have any help lined up after she leaves March 1st....not sure what we will do. Spencer and I need to chat about what our needs are. We might be ok home alone with someone checking in on us (and taking Gwen for a walk- she gets a little stir crazy being cooped up). She continues to be amazing and below is some evidence.
















Uncle Arin and Gwen (she looks at the camera every time!)












Gwen and I doing our morning thing camping out in bed.















Gwen getting her nighttime bottle (of expressed breastmilk :-)















Out to breakfast.












Not too sure about Milton who is not too sure about Gwen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute! and spencer has a crazy beard. i am not surprised, but i don't think i have ever seen him with one. but then again, it has been a long time! Gwen is gorgeous!

epoophoron said...

They are beautiful pictures. I am so glad to hear that you are healing on schedule. We think of you a lot. The picture of you & Gwen on the bed tells quite a story. And I love the one of her and the cat. We had a few of those when Aria was an infant and Kathy was still living here... big ol' Hobbes wasn't too happy when the baby showed up. :)

-Michael

The Plucky Protagonist said...

Let me know if I can come down and help - not sure if I can get time off during the week, and I know that the weekend isn't really when you need the assistance...I know something will work out though, let me know how I can be of service!