Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Food and Family

My brother Arin is staying with us for these first 2 weeks of February and he has been a great help. He is good with Gwen (trying to help her stand and walk)- he is shocked by how much she sleeps, eats, poops/pees, and cries. He keeps asking if this is normal....I think so. He has been doing the night feedings, and sleeping in her room since he is such a heavy sleeper- and Gwen thanked him by sleeping all night (almost 11 hours!) Friday night. I think she was fighting off a cold as she had a little sniffle and was a bit fussy. Arin has been cooking for us Macrobiotic meals which has been really awesome. I eat fairly healthy as it is, but eating Macrobiotic is more a lifestyle, and I think we will incorporate a lot of it in our meal planning once I am cooking again (don't worry Spencer we won't have steamed kale every night!). I am still pretty limited on what I can do, the site where my titanium rod was put into my collar bone is a little inflamed and doctors orders are to take it easy (so using my right arm as little as possible until the swelling goings down). I'm not sure he ever cared for a 4 month old!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ambrosia, I was just sent the link to your blog by my sister Allyson via Amber Balshaw.

I am so glad you are doing better and that your baby is fine! You are AMAZING for your dedication to her and breastfeeding her. The picture of you nursing touched me deeply.

~Rhonda Ripley

Anonymous said...

What a great uncle Arin! :o)

I wish I was there to help you! It would be nice since we have not seen each other in 10 years!

We should plan a phone chat soon. :)

mikehedge.com said...

steamed kale ! nice. cute video.