Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Equinox: Graham's 6 months

Graham is six months old today! Last night after Gwen picked out her frog footed jammies to wear, we noticed that they matched nicely in a very Spring way. We had visions of matching Christmas jammies in the future. Time is just flying! While I try and appreciate and live in the now, I can't help but think about our little future together- I am just so excited about my little babies and watching them grow up together. Graham seems to be right on target for being a 6 month old and has his well baby visit next week, so stay tuned for 6 month stats. His pediatrician had predicted he would be crawling by 6 months, and he isn't, but he got up on his hands and knees Friday and was rocking back and forth like he was getting ready to launch himself forward, so maybe by his appointment? I am in no rush for him to be mobile; it is much easier to keep track of him and Gwen when I know Graham is staying in more or less the same spot. While he has been a little more calm and cuddly a baby than Gwen, he seems to be coming out of his shell a bit. Spencer and I went to a talk a while back by the Children's Heath Council and they talked about temperament (and the importance of considering temperament when picking out a preschool, which is why we were there). Gwen seemed to fall into the category they called Puppy: moderate temperament, easy to live with and love, goes with the flow and can adapt to almost any environment. If I had to guess about Graham I would pick Chameleon: mellow, easy going, loves fine motor, easily occupies self, highly adaptive. We'll see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, they are growing so fast Ambrosia! I love the pic of them in their jammies, so cute! Johnny has the same duck ones!
~Emily