Thursday, October 2, 2008

Life of Gwen: Day 2

I think Gwen has a beautiful glow in the pictures below, but the medical professionals had a different diagnosis: newborn jaundice. This is very normal and common, and easily treated by placing her under a special lamp that helps remove the yellow stuff.

Gwen loves a tight burrito wrap, or being held in mommy's arms, but being nearly naked under the jaundice lamp? Not so much. I think I recognize Spencer's chin on this adorably frustrated face...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things have sure changed since you were younger. Daniel was a bit jondice too, but we just waited it out. I'm always in amazement to think of what Cady's birth mother must have gone thru, without having access to a hospital at the time of birth because of China's one child policy. Life is so fragile but humans are so resiliant.
Have you contacted Daniel at all? He would love to hear the news from you. I'll tell him about your website.
I was going thru some pictures last night, trying to find a few of you when you were younger. I'll get something sent out sometime very soon.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and perfect little one! She looks like a Hollywood glamor queen with her little eye mask - just like its her first trip to the spa! Please give her a kiss for me. Hooray! - love, Sabrina

nana said...

gwen looks huggable and kissable so glad you are all out of the hospital just a couple of days naked in front of a sunny window should clear up that yellow skin love nana(ambrosia s mom)