Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tummy time and stuff

We haven't been doing as much as usual lately since we all have had a cold/cough that seems to come and go. Every time I think we are better, we go out and about, and then start coughing from the activity of not being sedentary in the house :-( We did make it out to Mommy and Me on the Row where Gwen got to meet Snoopy and Charlie Brown. She wouldn't have known who they were, but last week we watched A Charlie Brown Christmas on Hulu. All the TV is unfortunate, but it really does seem to be stimulating her imagination, she has been doing a lot of pretend play which is fun. My favorite is when she crawls around under a blanket and says, "I am a snail! I am a snail!" A reference to the Cat and the Hat. Graham has been doing lots of tummy time and practicing sitting up in the corner of the couch. And we have been making lots of cookies, which is very messy with Gwen, but fun.
Two milestone updates: Graham flipped over from his tummy to his back for the first time today while he was on the floor with the other babies at his Cookie Exchange (also the first time he got to 'play' with the other babies in his playgroup). And at our party this past Saturday night at a friend's house Gwen announced she had to pee. I asked her if she peed in her diaper and she said, "No. Pee on the potty." So I took her to the bathroom and held her over the toilet and she peed! We are so close to being out of diapers :-)




2 comments:

Keri said...

Horray for almost no diapers! My how fast your family is growing up. I need to visit more often.

Anonymous said...

Good job with the tummy time! That is awesome! Jonathan is not liking it at all but I try to make sure he does it as much as possible.

~Emily