Monday, December 6, 2010

Let the Festivities Begin!

We belong to three playgroups right now (Sunnyvale 2008, Mountain View 2008, and Sunnyvale 2010) and two of them had Holiday parties this past Saturday. We went to Gwen's Mountain View party in the morning. It was a lovely potluck with a puppet show put on by one of the Moms. Photos below are from that party. I included the photo of all of us watching the puppet show because it blows my mind that we are a little family, and that is what we look like in public. Graham was captivated by the puppet show and Gwen at one point ran across to the other side of the room so she could sit next to one of her little friends to sing the last verse of Twinkle Twinkle little star. She then hopped up to run back and jump up on my lap...not sure what that was about, but it was cute, and I was flattered she wanted to sit with me instead of her little friend (I know it won't always be like this). Graham slept through his Sunnyvale 2010 dinner party that evening, but we all had a good time. We have our Sunnyvale 2008 Cookie Exchange this Sunday, and 2010 is also having a Cookie Exchange next Wednesday. For those not familiar with the Cookie Exchange, everyone brings a few dozen cookies, they all get laid out for everyone to see and maybe nibble, then each person takes some of each kind home with them. Our Wednesday Cookie Exchange starts at 1pm, which is nap time....but I am going to brave the sleepies and the sugar high, and go anyway, crossing my fingers that we leave before the dreaded sugar crash. Let the festivities begin!


For Fun I thought I would include this picture of Gwen :-)

1 comment:

Keri said...

You are a little family now! It's be interesting to see those pictures side by side. I tried scrolling up and down to see them both but couldn't get them both into the frame at once. Have fun at all those parties.