Tuesday, October 19, 2010

One Month of Graham

One month out of the womb Graham is starting to figure out what he likes, and what he doesn't like so much. He likes being held, and after being worn by Mama in the Sleepy Wrap so much, he likes being walked around. He really does seem to like Gwen, but not a big fan of the, "HI BABY!!!" in his face while he is sleeping. He is a big fan of the boob, but not when it sprays him in the face or the back of the throat and makes him choke. I realized this past week I have an oversupply and overactive letdown which is making for a gassy baby (he doesn't like being gassy). Graham is not a big fun of the poop (he strains so hard sometimes it reminds me of the convulsive need to push I had during his short labor), but he doesn't seem to mind peeing on himself (he succeeded in peeing on his head and face today). He is not a big fan of his car seat, but doesn't seem to mind being in the car (as long as it is moving) and Gwen and I have taken him all sorts of places already. He seems to be on the fence when it comes to the pacifier. He likes looking at faces, and gazing at the wall, or window, or sky. When he is upset he kicks his legs and pumps his little arms like a boxer. His little muscles are getting quite strong, as well as his grip. Sometimes there is something he doesn't like, but we are at a loss to what it is....this is a rare occasion though as he is usually a pretty easy going little guy.




5 comments:

NIna Suetake said...

Oh, Ambrosia, Graham is beautiful!! I love that last picture of him and Gwen.

Karen said...

Odd thing is, he looks a lot like my brother, Marc, did when he was a baby...bald, very pale complected, and thin lipped. I suppose there are only so many baby prototypes, before they repeat themselves. :-)

Happy one month. I still remember my 1 week with Daniel. The minute he was born, on that Thursday night a week later, I looked at him and I can still remember what he was wearing and where I was sitting with him. What is it about mothers and their long term memories?

epoophoron said...

Beautiful pictures, and I loved learning about Graham. Thanks for sharing.

efatima said...

They are so adorable Ambrosia. Happy one month to Graham. I enjoy your blog so much. makes me feel like a part of his life.

Angelique Mattin Russell said...

Great post Ambrosia! It melted my heart, even before I got down to the pics--that last one of him and Gwen is priceless.

In less than 48 hours I finally get to meet him in person, yay!!!