Wednesday, June 2, 2010

24 weeks check up; and 20 months update

I had my 20-24 week doctor's appointment yesterday, mainly just a check up to make sure everything is going well, and opportunity for doctor to make an order for the dreaded glucose test. This is a routine screening for Gestational Diabetes which I will go back for in the next few weeks (imagine drinking concentrated Mountain Dew, then fasting for an hour, then having your blood drawn...all very unpleasant). Little brother is doing well and growing right on schedule. He is super active (I think I felt him first around 16 weeks which is early) and Spencer felt him around 20 weeks, and saw him move a few weeks later. Gwen was so sweet the other morning and started rubbing my belly with both hands (I have quite a Buddha now)- and then she kissed it! I can't wait for her to feel little brother move. Since weaning she has been using her pacifier a little bit more, but we are trying to not make too much of a deal out of it, while trying to prevent any bad habits. She is talking up a storm and working on her colors- so far she seems to have grasped orange and purple. We are also working on baby sign language again. I had stopped practicing signs when she started talking, but am working on some 'concept' signs, like emotions and colors. It is amazing what she remembers from months ago! We went to the Zoo Saturday with our friends Kristen, Mark and little PJ (who we have been practicing our signs with) and Gwen signed a bunch of animals unprompted which was cool. She can't say her name, but can name almost everyone else. See video provided by Malia!

2 comments:

Keri said...

what a little love bug you have!

Angelique Mattin Russell said...

Awwww, what a smart cookie she is!