Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mother's Day Everyday!

This may seem a bit sappy, but having celebrated two Mother's Days I think everyday should, and is, Mother's Day. We work so hard and deserve to be celebrated, but we also get little gifts everyday from our family. That is how I feel right now (could just be pregnancy hormones :-) Gwen is talking soooo much and starting to put together two and three word sentences. My heart melted with the first unprompted, "Thank you Mama." Gwen also weaned herself a few weeks ago, so we have been having lots of cuddle time (which is so sweet since she wasn't much of a cuddle bug before). She still asks for milk sometimes, but it is all gone. I am also starting to get more and more excited about having another baby. The little guy moves quite a bit and Spencer actually saw my belly move a few days ago. Lately I have really just been enjoying life (naps during the day make this possible) and appreciating the little things that are my daily rewards for all the hard work I put in to being a Mother. Some of this Zen outlook was inspired by the Mother's Plunge Retreat I went to with my friend Kathryn last weekend at the Mercy Center. It was a morning and afternoon of lecture by Karen Maezen Miller, followed by instruction on meditation, a little yoga, then after lunch, walking meditation in the labyrinth, and wrap up lecture. I bought her new book, Hand Wash Cold, and brought the copy of Mama Zen Kathryn gave me to have signed. I recommend both! The day was very centering and reinforced what I was starting to think was more of a laissez-faire approach to my life, as more Zen-like. I won't babble on...many asked when I was going to update the blog and I said I was waiting for pictures, since I am not sure how many people actually read my updates. So here they are: Gwen being silly and some pictures from preschool when Spencer joined us this week.


3 comments:

Karen said...

I always thought the simpler times were the best....the laughing and the chattering of children in the background in the house has always melted my heart.

fiona said...

What an artist!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to everyword and picture that you give to us. It is a joy for me to get to share in your family
A