Friday, January 29, 2010

Sleep Update

Gwen slept through the night last night for the first time since October! She did wake up at about 11pm to nurse (which was reasonable since she didn't nurse before bed since I was at class). Last night we decided we weren't going to use the monitor anymore- that if she needed anything she would let us know (we had been tending to her at the smallest peep, not wanting her to wake up too much, and thus extend the time and efforts to put her back to sleep). I woke up at 4am surprised that I was sleeping without Gwen attached to my boob, and to be honest, almost missing her. At 4:45am I was in and out of sleep and heard her saying "Meh. Meh. Meh." Her word for milk. She wasn't crying or screaming it out, it is the tone she uses to call me when she knows I am in the other room. I did turn the monitor to see if she was whimpering or crying softly...nothing. She said it a few more times, not as enthusiastically, and then she stopped and presumably went back to sleep without a fuss....ALL BY HERSELF! She, and thus everyone, woke up refreshed and rejuvenated at 7:30am. It was awesome! Hopefully this is not a onetime event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on it being a much recurring event! Mmmm, sleep good...