Friday, January 8, 2010

Reminscing About Christmas

This was our first Christmas together as a family, and it was lovely. I took great joy in decorating our house and am going to see how long I can get away with keeping the decorations up. Gwen got all kinds of goodies for Christmas and seemed to enjoy the festivities. Some of her favorite gifts: her new silver shoes (pictured), the multicolored knit sweater her Auntie Angelique sent (pictured- seriously as soon as she unwrapped it she started carrying it around the house and trying to put it on), her 'baby' which she is lifting up to show in the picture of her and her Auntie B (the poor doll is moving so fast you can hardly see it!), and of course all the ribbons! I was amazed at Gwen and her new doll which came with a bottle- she actually tries to feed it the bottle and I wasn't expecting to see pretend play so soon. She now knows the sign for baby, orange, please, and hat. She has also been doing a lot of sensory exploration, like shaking her head back and forth, spinning around, putting her ears under the bath water so she can hear underwater, and looking at things upside down and from different angles (like in the picture of her on the stairs). She is just fascinated by everything. I can't wait for next Christmas when she 'gets it' a little bit more.




2 comments:

Angelique Mattin Russell said...

I'm glad you had such a lovely xmas!

I'm glad she likes her funky sweater, I too recall loving things that were rainbow/colorful when I was very little! I hadn't thought of it with the orange owl dress but the sweater + dress + tights are super cute!!!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.