Monday, March 9, 2009

Gwen: 5 months week 2

Gwen is 5 months old! When did that happen. Our days just blend one into the next, but we are having a good time. Gwen is practicing sitting up, can roll over front to back. We have been swaddling her when she goes down in her crib, but she flipped over last night...I looked over and she was laying face down and struggling to right herself...no more swaddling for her! She is practicing what is the beginning of crawling, she moves like a little inch worm, often with a face plant into the floor while she tries to get her knees up under her to move that big booty of hers. Her babbling is starting to have distinct syllables to it, and she has the attention span to sit and 'read' a book (well, a few pages until she insists on gumming the thing until it is dripping). No teeth yet, but she has all the signs of teething. We will be starting solids when she hits 6 months April 1st and I am so excited about feeding her real food!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The little punkin' is getting so big! I have to say that I LOVE the videos! Sometimes when I am having a rough day at work, I look at a video of Gwen smiling, and it just makes my day. My coworkers love to see her pics too. (She is the background on my computer) :)

Unknown said...

Hooray! I still remember when she was brought home. I love the first video because she's trying to move around and is like "dad let me do my thing!" And I love the second video where she's totally facinated. Does the thing spin so she can see the fun stuff behind her? I'll have to check that out.