Friday, August 20, 2010

Running!

Today is the first day I feel really pregnant. We went on a walk downtown last night to get Frozen Yogurt, and the walk wrecked me. I couldn't sleep last night since I was so uncomfortable, and today I could hardly walk. TMI: My crotch feels like it is broken :-(
But Gwen was so amazing last night. I need to capture video of her running because it is hilariously cute. She ran almost the whole way home (except when we insisted she hold hands crossing the street and over the bridge). She probably ran a total of 1/2 a mile. We are adding Track and Field star to her list of possibilities. She has taken to calling me Mom sometimes, which is cute, since it almost sounds like Mum. She is counting to 10 (she threw in 20 the other day) and recognizes numbers out of sequence too. She is a force of nature! She also has been working on using the potty. She goes #1 and #2 in her little Baby Bjorn Potty, but can't pull up/down her underwear/pants so she has to go naked while we are at home (or with a dress/skirt on). She is so funny because all of a sudden she will up and run to the bathroom and I can hear her tinkle. She has gotten so used to the potty that she no longer tells me, and no longer needs the positive reinforcement I was giving her (letting her have 2 squares of toilet paper, the honor of flushing the toilet, and a high five). We haven't been pushing the potty training (she instigated with insisting on naked time) and the few times I have gotten excited about her progress and encouraged her too much, she has lost interest. As soon as she has the coordination to pull up her pants I think we will work on going all the way and phasing out daytime diapers. Though that will likely be months after little brother arrives (don't want to do too much around such a big transition). She hasn't been sleeping through the night for a few weeks, which has been a bummer...I think there is just too much going on in her little head!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Thanks for keeping us all updated on you and your grwoing family. I just wish I could be there mor to experience it. I miss you.